Friday 27 July 2012

Thoughts on Blogging

I have to admit to being a reluctant blogger, this is not because I am anti blogs by any means, but I suppose I am concerned about what people may think of my thoughts and views. However I suspect that I will come to love it! That could be another reason for my reticence! Having sat on the fence for a long time, whilst avidly reading other peoples' blogs, I am finally taking the plunge. This has been spurred on by my wish to gain my CILIP Chartership and the need for reflective writing.

I am a school librarian having been a professional photographer in a previous life. I had a career change after having children and have been working in libraries for the past 10 years. I have been in my current post for nearly four years and finished qualifying with an MSc in Information and Library Management from UWE in May 2011.

I will be using this blog for professional purposes and have linked it to my Twitter and Linkedin accounts, taking the opportunity to make sure that my online professional presence is up to date. I am hoping that it will kickstart my Chartership process, having registered six months ago I seem to have just collated a box file full of evidence so far. Despite best intentions I have yet to do any evaluating or reflective writing on training, new skills or new technologies I have used. I therefore feel that writing a regular blog will be really useful for my CPD.

There! That wasn't too hard - now to join 23 Things for Professional Development  - better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment